Subject: Re: VAX4000/200 Netboot for 3 days and still not work.
To: Hank Lee <thlee@home.com>
From: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@mcmanis.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/21/2000 00:09:14
At 11:16 PM 12/20/00 -0800, you wrote:
>Chuck,
>the one I had was a copy of boot.mop in
>
>ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-1.5/vax/installation/netboot/
>
>Is there are any newer than that in here?

You have this copy? For some reason your mopd is not serving it to the VAX.
When you run this version it will have the timestamp of Nov 17, 2000. That
is when it was compiled. You should see:

-EZA0
 >> NetBSD/vax boot [Nov 17 2000 07:23:42] <<
 >> Press any key to abort autoboot 0
Trying BOOTP

So do this next. On your 4000 at the console type 'SHO DEV' and write down
the hardware address of the ethernet. This will start out 08:00:2B:.....
In the mopd directory create a symbolic link between the file
         08002bnnnnnn.SYS to boot.mop
replace the 'nnnnnn' with the numbers and letters from your Ethernet address.

(Note carefully: When using the ethernet mac address as the mop file the
ethernet address letters, if they are in your address, are in lower case,
the extension is in upper case (.SYS), also you don't need a boot flag
after you do this, just type 'b EZA0' at the >>> prompt)

--Chuck