Subject: Re: VAX4000/200 Netboot for 3 days and still not work.
To: Jon Lindgren <jlindgren@slk.com>
From: Hank Lee <thlee@home.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/20/2000 21:39:50
Jon,

finally get the mopd working, Chuch got it right. It is case problem.
here is what I got so far.

 -ESA0
>> NetBSD/vax boot [980110 22:29] <<
Trying BOOTP
Bootp: no reply.
Trying bootparams
boot: client ip address 10.10.10.10
boot client name: vax
root addr=10.10.10.1 path=/export/vax/root
nfs_open: must mount first
open netbsd.vax :device not configure
>boot netbsd
trying bootp
bootp: no reply
using ip address 10.10.10.10
myip: vax  (10.10.10.10)
root addr=10.10.10.1 path=/export/vax/root
nfs_open: must mount first
open netbsd :device not configured
netbsd: boot failed: device not configured

The system just wait there and doing nothing. Is this same as the problem
for netbsd.ram.gz...?

Thanks

Hank Lee