Subject: Re: DSSI / shac0
To: Ivo Janssen <ivo@ivo.nu>
From: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@mcmanis.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/20/2000 19:42:20
At 11:00 AM 12/20/00 +0100, Ivo Janssen wrote:
>Since no one replied to my mail two weeks ago:
>
>Is there any chance that any existing code for DSSI support will be
>checked in to the main branch, so interested people can look at it
>and maybe fiddle with it?

When it gets checked in, it will definitely go into the main branch :-)

>It's been over half a year since the last real discussion on this
>list about DSSI and since the "shac0" device is listed in GENERIC, I
>thought progress was being made.. Maybe...

I believe others are working on this as well. I've been doing work on the
SII version (which is found on the MicroVAX 3300/3400) and I've made some
progress since the last time I mentioned it but not a whole lot. I've got a
week of "vacation" coming up where I'm not going to actually go anywhere so
perhaps early in the next millennium I'll need some
victim^h^h^h^h^h^h^hvolunteers to test some kernels for me :-)

--Chuck