Subject: Re: faster compiling
To: bart sikkes <b.sikkes@student.utwente.nl>
From: Anders Hogrelius <ahs@hogrelius.nu>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/20/2000 22:52:35
On Wed, 20 Dec 2000, bart sikkes wrote:

> So i need NetBSD to get this to work. It can't work on redhat linux?

Linux _might_ be able to run the NetBSD binaries with IBCS2. The best
bet would still be NetBSD-i386 though. I've tried to build a working
crosscompiler for linux, but so far i haven't been able to make it work.
I also made some attempts on the latest version on cygwin, but the linker
seems to be a tough nut to crack. I can make objectfiles that can be
linked with the vax version of ld, to make working binaries, but so far
the cross-compile version dowsn't work well.

--
cheers,

/Anders

I am Pentium of Borg... -Division is futile!

* Anders Hogrelius       Phone : +46 21 381860
* Tessingatan 12         E-mail: anders@hogrelius.nu
* SE-72216 Vasteras
* SWEDEN