Subject: Re: Earliest VAX port?
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Paul A Vixie <vixie@mfnx.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/20/2000 08:55:53
> I know that back when we (meaning a lab at McGill that I worked for at
> the time) were running MVIIs, it was mtXinu 4.3+NFS.  I know we ran
> 4.1c and then 4.2, but I think that was on 750s, not MVIIs - I'm not
> sure whether the MVIIs ever ran anything but the mtXinu code.

right.  and then mtxinu donated their uvax-II port to csrg.  i think it
appeared in 4.3-tahoe but matt will know.

> Before you ask, I have no tapes or anything from that era (well, I may
> have some of my own files, but nothing that would help you set up a
> running system).

i on the other hand have a 4.3-reno uvax-II downstairs and i could probably
make dd images of its sysdisk for anyone who showed me the cover page and
signature page of their V32 license.  (if it still runs, that is.)