Subject: Earliest VAX port?
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/20/2000 10:40:59
Don't laugh, too hard.....(:+}}...

For the fun of it I am trying to collect up the earliest ports of
BSD that will run on a MicroVAX II.  My goal is to roll up a set
of disks with each version back through 4.3BSD-Tahoe, for some
educational, experimental purposes.  Last night I got NetBSD-1.0A
up and running from a 1.2 build.  Is there anything any earlier
floating around in the bilges of NetBSD VAXland for MicroVAX II's?
If not, maybe tonight I will try backporting to 4.3BSD-Reno.
Anyone got a working MVII Reno MVII still around?  If not, I
will just start from the Reno tape.

Thanks

Bob

p.s. (I am amazed at how zippy the 1.0A suite is compared to 1.5
      on the MVII... the difference is like night an day.)