Subject: Re: Booting 3100 VAXen from 9 track tapes (how?)
To: NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
From: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@mcmanis.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/19/2000 19:13:24
The only booter that will work out of the box will be the 1.5 booter since
it uses the console routines to access the device that is being booted.
Once 'boot' is loaded and started it has to figure out how to get the
kernel off the boot device and I don't think there is anything other than
TMSCP support in boot (I don't see an 'st.c' file which is what I would
expect if SCSI boot was supported).

--Chuck