Subject: Re: Missing RZ28?
To: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@mcmanis.com>
From: NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/17/2000 08:59:10
> This is weird. On my VAX 4000/90 I've got an RZ26 and an RZ28 mounted
> internally. The very first time I had this setup doing a 'sho dev' showed
> them both, now only the RZ26 shows up. If I netboot NetBSD they both are
> found, I formatted and newfs'd the RZ28 and installed on it but I can't
> boot from it because the console monitor doesn't "see" it. Whats up with that?
>
> --Chuck

I have run into the same thing.  I sense it must be a prom feature.
The 1 gig drives and under show up fine on all my machines as ID0,
but, 2 gig and up drives disappear.  I was thinking that only happened
on the 3100 class machines?  Does it occur on many of the VAXen?
If so, which series machines have this feature.

Bob