Subject: Re: How do I build the boot fs?
To: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@mcmanis.com>
From: Matt Thomas <matt@3am-software.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/17/2000 16:08:13
At 03:56 PM 12/17/2000 -0800, Chuck McManis wrote:
>Bruce Lane asked the question as to why there wasn't a copy of boot.fs
>available for tape installs. I have attempted to create one. This image is
>here:
>         <http://www.mcmanis.com/~cmcmanis/boot.img.gz>
>(note to Bruce this is a new one since the one you tried)

Thinking about this, I think the answer is two part: I don't think sysinst
supports tapes.  And two, tapes don't use bootfs.  It isn't useful.

How if i could only recall what ULTRIX boot tapes were like.  I seem to recall
that they had 1 or 2 512-blocked files, followed by a 512-blocked kernel.
I don't know if the netbsd boot blocks support booting from tape.