Subject: Re: VAX 4000-200 NetBoot
To: Hank Lee <thlee@home.com>,
From: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@mcmanis.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/16/2000 23:17:01
Nice system Hank,

At 10:58 PM 12/16/00 -0800, Hank Lee wrote:
>Hi
>I am new to this list and new to the system
>I just got VAX 4000-200. Got couple of
>questions:
>
>1. does NetBSD support this model or not
>     (not sure what ios defferent from 4000/M200)

Yes it is now supported with NetBSD 1.5! However, NetBSD does not currently
support the on-board DSSI controller so if you only have DSSI drives
connected to the CPU card then you can run diskless or find a DSSI
controller for the Qbus.

>2. If support, can I use to netboot to installation.
>     or How can I know if it support netboot or not?

Yes, you can netboot this system. To find its ethernet MAC address type
"Show dev" at the console and write down the address.

>3. I try test 50 under ">>>" and the system tell me
>     there are no such device. I did see there is
>     a 10/2 connector on the system, If it different than
>     that on my linux and other pc system?

This is a standard 10Base2 connector and 10Mbit AUI connector. If you have
an AUI to 10BaseT transceiver you can use cat 5 cables.