Subject: Re: sysinst (1.4.3)
To: Clint Wolff (VAX collector) <vaxman@uswest.net>
From: Johnny Billquist <bqt@Update.UU.SE>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/16/2000 19:07:01
On Sat, 16 Dec 2000, Clint Wolff (VAX collector) wrote:

> Hi Tommy,
>
> As stuff is unpacked, temporary files are created and deleted, so
> you won't actually see the root partition get full.
>
> Increase the size of the / partition. I would suggest 64MB, and if
> you get the same error, double it again.

He's doing something wrong.

He claims to have a specific /var partition set up, but his root partition
gets full while populating /var, which tells us that he hasn't mounted
/var correctly.

Increasing the root partition will get him through, yes, but that don't
solve his real problem.

A root partition of 32 MB is more than enough unless you are doing strange
things.

	Johnny