Subject: Re: Q-bus hardware card support in NetBSD
To: Johnny Billquist <bqt@Update.UU.SE>
From: Tom Ivar Helbekkmo <tih@kpnQwest.no>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/12/2000 10:01:11
Johnny Billquist <bqt@Update.UU.SE> writes:

> However, I've had some problems with my CMD CQD-220 controller. Not sure
> exactly what the problem is, but my disk goes offline after a while.

I've had lots of weird problems with the CQD-220 with NetBSD, even
though it works great with 2.11BSD (on a PDP-11/73), and with 4.3-Reno
on the exact same hardware it doesn't work on with NetBSD.  I've been
trying to figure out what's going on, but with no luck.  I mean, it
won't even boot NetBSD, but I've hand-checked the driver code being
used at boot time, and it does the same things 2.11 and 4.3 do.

Might be a CMD ROM revision thing; I've heard that others are using
these boards successfully with NetBSD.  For now, I'm using the CQD-220
in a 4.3-Reno system, and not worrying about it.  :-)

-tih
--
Netiquette: it's not just a good idea, there's actually an RFC about it!
For the full details, check out <http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc1855.html>.