Subject: Re: Netbooting netbsd.ram.gz fails on vax 4000/200
To: Matt Thomas <matt@3am-software.com>
From: Jon Lindgren <jlindgren@slk.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/11/2000 07:47:45
On Sat, 9 Dec 2000, Matt Thomas wrote:

> At 03:43 PM 12/9/2000 -0500, Yubyub bird wrote:
> >I've just started trying to install 1.5 on my 4000/200.  Booting a GENERIC
> >kernel seems to work okay, however, the netbsd.ram.gz doesn't.
> >
> >In this example, I took netbsd.ram.gz, decompressed it, and named it
> >netbsd (for sake of ease)...
>
> Because the install kernel doesn't have support for it.

Is there somewhere which describes the exact process of partitioning and
installing boot blocks for the vax?  If sysinst isn't available, I'll
finally have to learn the nuances of partitioning, etc... on the vax.

-Jon
 "Trout are freshwater fish, and have underwater weapons."
 "Zing, zing zing zing!"
 "Keep away from the trout."
 -- The opinions expressed are not necesarily those of my employer --
 "Who stole my lawn?"