Subject: Netbooting netbsd.ram.gz fails on vax 4000/200
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Yubyub bird <jonl@yubyub.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/09/2000 15:43:07
I've just started trying to install 1.5 on my 4000/200.  Booting a GENERIC
kernel seems to work okay, however, the netbsd.ram.gz doesn't.

In this example, I took netbsd.ram.gz, decompressed it, and named it
netbsd (for sake of ease)...

>>>boot eza0
(BOOT/R5:0 EZA0)

  2..
-EZA0
  1..0..

>> NetBSD/vax boot [Nov 17 2000 07:23:42] <<
>> Press any key to abort autoboot 4
Trying BOOTP
Using IP address: 192.168.34.6
myip: moonrise.dev.yubyub.net (192.168.34.6)
root addr=192.168.34.5 path=/usr/export/moonrise/root
open netbsd.vax: No such file or directory
> boot netbsd
701856+1205116+145624=0x1f51f8

?06 HLT INST
        PC = 8009E836

Any ideas?  The GENERIC 1.5 works just great, except that sysinst ain't
around...

--
Yubyub Bird
 "The opinions expressed are not necesarily opinions."