Subject: gcc and -current/1.5.1_ALPHA
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Bertram Barth <bertram@gummo.bbb.sub.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/07/2000 08:07:26
Hi,

I've run into a few problems with the above setup on a 4000/60:

I've compiled a program with a rather "big" switch-instruction
and when executing the program behaves strange. The same switch
works when run on other platforms but on the VAX the program
jumps to some completely unrelated location. Within gdb the
argument to switch() is ok, but the next instruction executed
is in the middle of the body of a different case-label.

Is this a known bug or should I investigate this further?

Also building emacs-20.6 fails with
        *** Signal 4
gdb didn't tell me anything useful yet. Same question as above...

Away from that the machine runs quite stable.

Ciao,
        bertram