Subject: Re: Q-bus hardware card support in NetBSD
To: Ben <bluesky6@ix.netcom.com>
From: Johnny Billquist <bqt@Update.UU.SE>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/05/2000 21:06:56
On Tue, 5 Dec 2000, Ben wrote:

> I'm interested in getting a SCSI card for my yet-to-be-tested MV3300
> instead of using the KQSA(?) DSSI controller.

No problemo.

> Does anyone know if any of the Dilog SCSI cards support boot and if
> they are supported under NetBSD?

Yes and yes. The Q-bus SCSI cards actually looks like any MSCP controller
from the computer. So you'll be able to boot from them if your console
system can boot from MSCP devices (which all can). NetBSD supports MSCP
controllers on the Q-bus, so that's no problem either.

However, I've had some problems with my CMD CQD-220 controller. Not sure
exactly what the problem is, but my disk goes offline after a while.
Haven't had time to really check it out.

	Johnny