Subject: PROM docs for VS4K90
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Sebastian Marius Kirsch <skirsch@moebius.inka.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/04/2000 20:57:54
Hello,

not entirely the right place to ask, but:

Is there any documentation for the VAX boot PROM available on the net? I
searched Compaq's site, but all I could find was printed docs for the
KA-630 CPU.

Specifically, I'm trying to persuade my VS4K to boot unattended, and not
to try and RESTART SYS or BOOT SYS whenever I shut it down.

Now that this little critter has its own hard disk, I don't want to
start a serial terminal whenever I want to boot it. (See, my main box
doesn't have a free serial port, and I don't want to boot my Sparc
(which does have a free serial port) just to boot the VAX. Oh, sure, I
will gladly take any vt220 you have to spare ...)

--
Yours, Sebastian Kirsch <skirsch@moebius.inka.de>

ln -sf /dev/null ~/.netscape/cookies