Subject: Re: More console questions
To: Ben <bluesky6@ix.netcom.com>
From: Chris Tribo <t1345@apache.dtcc.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 11/30/2000 13:29:05
On Thu, 30 Nov 2000, Ben wrote:

> Okay. I thought, from a previous email on the mailing list that the
> two ports were the same.

	Offhand I think this email was in reference to the 3100 series,
probably not true on the 4000, but I wouldn't know, and I'm too lazy to go
back and look :-)

> With the MMJ, do I connect the CTS/RTS lines together on the PC side?
> Or are the DSR/DTR interconnections sufficient?

	I found this at http://csgrad.cs.vt.edu/~tjohnson/pinouts/

                          Corresponding 25 pin RS-232 pins
1 DTR                                  20
2 TD (+)                                2
3 TD (-)                                7
4 RD (-)                                7
5 RD (+)                                3
6 DSR                                   6

	If there is no way to make your comm program use a DTR/DSR
handshake (which is required), you could try tying RTS, CTS, and CD
together if that will make your terminal software make DTR high, otherwise
RTS and CTS aren't needed at all (XON/XOFF flow control instead of
RTS/CTS).

	Chris