Subject: uVax II lives
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: bart sikkes <b.sikkes@student.utwente.nl>
List: port-vax
Date: 11/30/2000 04:02:13
hello,

It seems my previous email was to soon. After we tried again we succeeded in
installing NetBSD-1.5_BETA2 on the uVax II. We now have two working harddisk
of 150 MB each. The one i though worked seems to be broken.

Now it all works and we even have internet connection, the next question
comes up. What to do now?

My question is and this may sound a little foolish, how do i install
programs? In linux i download the rpm file and everything goes just fine.
But how do i have to install something like apache or samba on a uVax II?

My second question is about the kernel. In linux i know how to upgrade a
kernel but how do i do that on the uVax II?

thanks,
bart