Subject: Re: 3 serial console questions
To: None <mcmahill@mtl.mit.edu>
From: Michael Kukat <port-vax@vaxpower.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 11/18/2000 00:54:16
Hm...

Again here: http://www.bsdfans.org/pinouts.php3 :-)

> b)  what the right terminal settings are for a serial console

9600Bps/8bit/no parity/1 stopbit

> c)  should the machine just come up with the console on the serial port if
>     I don't have a keyboard/mouse plugged in or do I have to do something
>     else?

Usually, there is a little DIP switch calles "S3" on the VAXstations. If this
switch is shifted up, you usually have the serial console. Just try it out,
but AFAIK, on all my VAXstations, the uppper position is serial console.

...Michael

--
In TV, there are bluescreens to put a faked reality behind a real played scene,
in Windows, you sometimes see the real scene, when the fakes go out for lunch.