Subject: Re: DecServer 200/MC
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-vax
Date: 11/16/2000 16:54:58
>> We should really get LAT and DECnet running on NetBSD. :-)

> Yeah, especially given that we actually support a lot of the DEC
> systems, VAX, PMAX, and Alpha.  Someone already mentioned the latd
> daemon under Linux.  How hard could it be to port it to NetBSD? :-)

I'm not sure I want to find out. :-)  But years ago, I started to add
DECnet support to 4.3; I don't know if I still have any of the code I
generated then, but as I recall it wouldn't be too complicated a task
(given, of course, wire-protocol docs - what's DECnet up to by now,
Phase 5 or 6 or something?)

					der Mouse

			       mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca