Subject: 3100/38 More oddities
To: 'port-vax@netbsd.org' <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Darren Wright <dwright@d2-tech.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 11/16/2000 08:14:24
Well, after 2 days of trying, I finally got 1.4.2 running.  Apparently the
.iso snapshot is corrupted.  I booted off the boot floppy and installed over
ftp.  Everythign went fine, however there is something funky going on!

The system boots, and gets as far as:

boot device: <unknown>
root device:

it's waiting for me to type something.

If I type sd0a, nothing appears.  I have to hit enter 25 or so  times before
it appears.  Funny thing is, if I type anything in the boot monitor, it will
appear here.

then shows up with

dump device (default sd0b):
file system (default generic):

I hit enter and I'm good to go.  The whole system comes up.

What's the skinny on this stuff?  I'm going to give a new kernel a shot

-Darren