Subject: RE: PDP-11 thoughts
To: 'Joachim Buss' <TK97EL12@technis.syh.fi>
From: Ken Seefried <kseefried@DigitalMoJo.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 11/13/2000 11:44:36
Not NetBSD, but depending on the model, it could run 2.x BSD.  I am under
the impression that there is a free hobbyist license for this now.

There are a number of more or less "interesting" (e.g. likely
insurmountable) problems with porting NetBSD to the PDP, ranging from 16-bit
only architecture, small address space (16-, 18- or, if lucky 22-bit), MMU
with a tiny number of 8K pages, etc.  Perhaps picoBSD would be a better
place to start.

Really fun machines, though.  Lovely assembly language.

Ken