Subject: Re: x-server and security.tgz for NetBSD 1.5
To: Brian Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
From: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 11/12/2000 18:46:01

> I've not paid a whole lot of attention lately.  I knew with 1.4.x we could
> get the Xserver to compile and run on the monochrome VAXstations (albeit
> buggily).  And then I thought I'd heard whispers of people getting mouse
> and keyboard support working.  Is this the case, and it's just not ready
> for 1.5?

There are actually two (!) implementations available for X11 support
on the mono 3100. I have been working with it on my /m38 and hope that
I soon will have it integrated and working.
There are still some problems with the mouse/hw cursor/switchable virtual
ttys though.
Unfortuantely there are too many changes to the kernel to be able to
back-port it to 1.5, at least until this release.
While here; many thanks to Emil Öberg and Matthew Fredette that wrote
the two implementations!

-- Ragge