Subject: Re: x-server and security.tgz for NetBSD 1.5
From: Brian Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 11/11/2000 12:45:11
On Sat, 11 Nov 2000, Matt Thomas wrote:
> At 05:59 AM 11/11/2000 -0500, M J Dowden wrote:

> >     Is there an estimate as to when an x-server and a security.tgz set
> > will become available? I assume that it will be in the final release of 1.5.
>
> 1.5 doesn't have security.tgz since all that functionality
> is now in the base system.
>
> Don't expect an X server until post-1.5.  Sorry.

Really?

I've not paid a whole lot of attention lately.  I knew with 1.4.x we could
get the Xserver to compile and run on the monochrome VAXstations (albeit
buggily).  And then I thought I'd heard whispers of people getting mouse
and keyboard support working.  Is this the case, and it's just not ready
for 1.5?

-brian.
--- Brian Chase | bdc@world.std.com | http://world.std.com/~bdc/ -----
       Microsoft's release of Windows 2000 has been delayed until
       the second quarter of 1901.  -- Chris Franks