Subject: Re: ze0: xmit logic blahblah, restarting (vax 4000-300)
To: BADL <badl@smartt.com>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-vax
Date: 11/10/2000 09:21:13
> When i boot up in single user mode, i can do a few things, such as
> ping,top, ls.  However if i try to do anything significant, such as
> play hack or complile a C program, I get the
>    ze0: xmit logic (blahblah), restarting...
> message on my console.

> I was trying to locate the actual file that contains this text
> message.  Any idea which directory of the source tree it is in?

% cd /sys
% find . -type f -print | xargs mcgrep -l xmit\ logic

(you probably would use egrep instead of mcgrep - mcgrep is faster but
isn't part of a stock system).  I got only two hits:

./dev/ic/sgec.c
./dev/qbus/if_qe.c

Turns out it's dev/ic/sgec.c, in a function zetimeout().
(dev/qbus/if_qe.c contains something similar for the qe.)

					der Mouse

			       mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca