Subject: More Netbooting Sorrows
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: BADL <badl@smartt.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 11/09/2000 14:16:56
I have read the Netbooting HOWTO and the other document
on Diskless-somethingorother.

After much floundering, I DID manage to get my vax 4000/300
to Netboot.  It was great!!  Especially since the vax has more
ram than my pc (192mb)!

Therefore, after having celebrated the occaision, I proceeded
to enter the command lines that start up the daemons into my
rc.d files (linux 2.2.13).

bootparamd stopped working!!! *spit*  And I havent been able to
get it to start working again.  It successfully receives the 'whoami'
request from the vax three times, and says it has responded to the
vax with the answer (the correct one, according to the docs).

Has anybody got Netbooting to work with BOOTP?  Im sick of BOOTPARAMD!