Subject: MV3300 newbie questions
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Ben Jirou <bluesky6@ix.netcom.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 11/08/2000 10:48:10
I've just got a MicroVax 3300. Haven't powered it on yet. Don't know
if it works. I have posted this on the comp.sys.dec newsgroup and am
resending this on the mailing list to see if anyone can help.

Some quick questions on the machine :

1. There's a card that is marked KFQSA/M7769. I can't find any info on
this card. Is it a SCSI card or DSSI?

2. How do I bootstrap this thing? I want to install NetBSD. I don't
have another machine with a TK70 tape drive. So can I boot it from the
network? The NetBSD/Vax faq doesn't mention whether the MV3300 model
can netboot.

3. Is there some description of the switches in front of the machine?
I know one of them switches between BNC & AUI ethernet. There're also
a couple of oher switches : a rotary and a slide switch which I don't
understand.

4. Is there a website/doc which describes the boot code? I assume that
the small LED thing in front is for that.

5. Finally, is the small telephone jack in front for the serial
console? If so, is there somewhere where I can find the pin outs to do
a cable for my Wyse terminal?

Thanks for your patience!

Ben