Subject: Re: OK I got me 9 track Cipher tape drives... now what...
To: NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
From: Clint Wolff (VAX collector) <vaxman@uswest.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 11/03/2000 18:23:50
Hi Bob,

I am not aware of any VAXen that will BOOT from a nine-track tape.
If someone knows how to do this on a 750, let me know. I currently
have to boot and run the 4.3BSD utilities (format, etc) from the
TU58.

That be said, the tape drives should work just fine on a 3100, or a
SCSI equipped uVAX II.

clint