Subject: Re: Question about smg
To: Olaf Seibert <rhialto@polderland.nl>
From: Michael Kukat <port-vax@vaxpower.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 11/03/2000 19:01:37
Hi !

On Fri, 3 Nov 2000, Olaf Seibert wrote:
> > What a Sun mono-monitor? This with a 9pin DSUB-connector? for the 3/60? No way,
> > this monitor is ECL, it is a digital interface. You need analog. But there is
> > a chance, one of Sun's monitors knows about 54 KHz :-) In case of doubt, just
> > try it, those big monitors don't start smoking immediately, if they get
> > wrong frequencies. But of course, the monitor must have an analog video input.
>
> Yesm. I mean the monochrome monitor for Sun 3/60 (or /50, ...). THe
> connector looks like it could be a 9 pin sub-d - I did not unplug it to
> count though (I'm using it to type this). Too bad that won't work then.

If you have some framebuffer called "bwtwo" in this machine, it is ECL. You
can't use this monitor on an VAX.
BTW: Anybody in need for such a monitor? I have one standing around which i
don't need anymore :-)

...Michael

--
In TV, there are bluescreens to put a faked reality behind a real played scene,
in Windows, you sometimes see the real scene, when the fakes go out for lunch.