Subject: Re: Question about smg
To: Michael Kukat <port-vax@vaxpower.de>
From: Olaf Seibert <rhialto@polderland.nl>
List: port-vax
Date: 11/03/2000 10:28:50
On Fri 03 Nov 2000 at 06:19:33 +0100, Michael Kukat wrote:
> On Fri, 3 Nov 2000, Olaf Seibert wrote:
> > > Any wideband multifrequency display that can take sync-on-green at this
> > > frequency should work.
> >
> > Hm, would a Sun 3 monochrome monitor work? I have no idea what frequency it normally wants...
>
> What a Sun mono-monitor? This with a 9pin DSUB-connector? for the 3/60? No way,
> this monitor is ECL, it is a digital interface. You need analog. But there is
> a chance, one of Sun's monitors knows about 54 KHz :-) In case of doubt, just
> try it, those big monitors don't start smoking immediately, if they get
> wrong frequencies. But of course, the monitor must have an analog video input.

Yesm. I mean the monochrome monitor for Sun 3/60 (or /50, ...). THe
connector looks like it could be a 9 pin sub-d - I did not unplug it to
count though (I'm using it to type this). Too bad that won't work then.

> ...Michael
-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert - rhialto@polder    -- Ah only did well at school
\X/ land.nl       -- tae git intae an O level class tae git away fae Begbie.