Subject: Re: Question about smg
To: Olaf Seibert <rhialto@polderland.nl>
From: Michael Kukat <port-vax@vaxpower.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 11/03/2000 06:19:33
Hi !

On Fri, 3 Nov 2000, Olaf Seibert wrote:
> > Any wideband multifrequency display that can take sync-on-green at this
> > frequency should work.
>
> Hm, would a Sun 3 monochrome monitor work? I have no idea what frequency it normally wants...

What a Sun mono-monitor? This with a 9pin DSUB-connector? for the 3/60? No way,
this monitor is ECL, it is a digital interface. You need analog. But there is
a chance, one of Sun's monitors knows about 54 KHz :-) In case of doubt, just
try it, those big monitors don't start smoking immediately, if they get
wrong frequencies. But of course, the monitor must have an analog video input.

...Michael

--
In TV, there are bluescreens to put a faked reality behind a real played scene,
in Windows, you sometimes see the real scene, when the fakes go out for lunch.