Subject: Re: 1.5_Beta on 3100/M76 and MVII (hare and tortoise syndrome)
To: NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
From: Ken Wellsch <kwellsch@tampabay.rr.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/26/2000 13:43:00
What if you take the GENERIC config file for 1.2 or 1.3 release, trim it
down the same, then use *exactly* the same config (or as close as you can
be if device names changed or something funky) for each successive release?

Also, if you have the hardware, why not, for speed sake, take a NetBSD/i386
box with today's "I can't find a new drive with less than 10+ Gb" and create
a netbootable flavour for each NetBSD/vax release?

I guess you'd have to add a few things back to the stripped kernel like NFS
(?)
to make netbooting a test option.   What ever.

-- Ken