Subject: Re: cross compiler for vax-netbsd
To: Matthew Fredette <fredette@MIT.EDU>
From: Olaf Seibert <email@example.com>
Date: 10/22/2000 13:58:29
On Fri 20 Oct 2000 at 08:36:49 -0400, Matthew Fredette wrote:
> Check out:
Also, have a look at pr #9547 http://www.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=9547 .
I make some comments there which I think should be addressed:
Here are some changes for the cross/binutils package, to make it recognise
a VAX target.
There are some complications with these patches, I think, and I haven't
figured out the cross building system well enough to provide
- There is already another copy of libbfd and libopcodes in the system
sources: in src/gnu/dist. There seems to be no synchronisation between
the cross-binutils and those sources. In fact, I basically took most
changes here from the src/gnu/dist directory.
- These patches also need to be applied to the binutils that are
unpacked in the egcs source tree when building the crosscompiler
(later on, from the cross/vax-netbsd package). This is the third copy
of binutils stuff. This seems rather inelegant.
- The third copy of binutils stuff seems to be configured, but not
- After changing .am or .in files, one needs to run automake or
autoconfig. The versions I have of these tools differ from those
orginally used. The amount of diffs for this is very great, and I left
them out here.
- I took a file from the first copy of binutils to use here.
binutils-2.9.1/opcodes/vax-dis.c <- src/gnu/dist/opcodes/vax-dis.c
- Somehow the shared libraries are not build, only the static libraries.
This causes problems later when building the cross-gcc.
But this may be a host-specific issue, not target-specific.
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert - rhialto@polder -- Ah only did well at school
\X/ land.nl -- tae git intae an O level class tae git away fae Begbie.
Hi! I am a .signature virus. Copy me into your .signature to help me spread.