Subject: Re: cross compiler for vax-netbsd
To: Stephen Bell <steve@discus.lincoln.ac.nz>
From: Anders Hogrelius SdU <elt96ahs@mds.mdh.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/20/2000 09:24:37
On Fri, 20 Oct 2000, Stephen Bell wrote:

>      the cross linker is the bit i'm having trouble with.
>      I'm still working on figuring out how to run it manually & feed it libs
>      from the nfs root, but it doesn't seem to recognise the vax
>      binformat.

I'm stuck at the same place with my latest crosscompiler, cygwin -
vax-netbsd. It will build object files that are correct, but the linker
claims that they aren't vax a.out objects...

I seem to remember some hack i had to make when i built my solaris-sparc -
netbsd-vax crosscompiler. But unfortunately i have wiped the
sources... :-(

I think it was a bug in the bfd library though, which built correctly but
got the byte order in the header of the files wrong. I'm not sure though,
it's been quite a while since i tinkered with this stuff.

--
cheers,

/Anders

Passwords are like underwear. You don't share them, you don't hang them on
your monitor or hide them under your keyboard, you don't email them, or put
them on a website, and you must change them very often.

* Anders Hogrelius       Phone : +46 21 381860
* Tessingatan 12         E-mail: elt96ahs@mds.mdh.se
* 72216 Vasteras