Subject: Re: MV2 funzies....
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Aaron J. Grier <agrier@poofygoof.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/19/2000 17:54:59
On Mon, Oct 16, 2000 at 11:43:29AM -0400, NetBSD Bob wrote:

> What is it with these silly DEC RZ56/57ish things?

My two RZ56s and an RZ57 seem happy on my DECStations.  Strange that
they aren't happy in your VAX.

> I did run across a two buck expansion chassis with a TKZ10 (Tandberg)
> tape drive in it.  I dunno what the actual tape capacity is on it,
> since it is unmarked on the tape door as to density (most Tandbergs
> are marked).  It could be 60mb or maybe 150/250/525mb, dunno for sure.

The TKZ10 is 525MB with DC6525 tapes, and 320MB with DC6320.  The tapes
are easily findable on eb*y for < USD $1 / tape usually...  Not the
fastest thing in the world, but I trust QIC more than DAT or 8MM.  :)

    "[N]ow would be a great time for record companies to start releasing
       everything on vinyl."  --  David Wolf, regarding mp3 pirating