Subject: netbooting goes better
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: bart sikkes <b.sikkes@student.utwente.nl>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/17/2000 18:09:50
Hi,

Thanks to tips from Sebastian Marius Kirsch and some trial and error from
our side we have made major progress. We can boot a kernel but haven't yet
extracted the other files to the root on the nfs server.

Because we only want to install NetBSD we tried the netbsd.ram.gz, the
starting worked but when we tried to install to program said it couldn't
find any harddisk to install NetBSD on.

How can we find out if the harddisks still work? And how can we let the
installer use those harddisks.

I'm now using the bootloader and netbsd.ram.gz from NetBSD-1.5_BETA2.
The system i'm installing it on is a MicroVax II

thanks,
bart