Subject: Re: DEC RZ motor on at power up settings
To: NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
From: NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/16/2000 12:39:01
> IFF ANYONE HAS the jumper settings (if they exist on these drives)
> for motor-on and power-on spinup, do holler.

FYI....

I did some net searching and found a beautiful accurate image of the
Micropolis settings at:

  http://perso.wanadoo.fr/rayp/HD/MICROPOLIS/1598Config.html

that shows the w5 jumper needs to be ON to make it spin up correctly.

Since DEC RZ5x drives are Micropolis drives, the jumpers should be very
similar.

The DEC drives don't have that jumper installed by default on the RZ5x
drives.

My expectation will be that that jumper is required to use DEC RZ5xx
drives on the MVII with the Dilogic scsi controller board.

Bob