Subject: Re: When it rains VAXen it pours VAXen....(:+}}...
To: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@mcmanis.com>
From: Ronny Svedman <ronny@Update.UU.SE>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/13/2000 04:09:16
On Thu, 12 Oct 2000, Chuck McManis wrote:

> At 01:03 PM 10/12/00 -0400, NetBSD Bob wrote:

> >3.  How many scsi drives will the thing actually handle?

Regarding the powersupply: "my" MVII has two RD54 and Two RD53, plus a
TK50 (it's "full").. i cant imagine modern scsi drives even approaching
half the power need of that setup, so I wouldn't worry about putting
Y cables om teh powerconnectors and loading it with disk :)

> The interesting thing about your box is the rarest thing it could have is
> the rectangular door that covers the left front buttons. Does it have that
> door?

Hehehe.. Mine has :) but its mounted with Gaffa tape - the "rubplastic"
hinge broke after too many resets & halts when installing NetBSD 1.3.2 :)

* Ronny Svedman  	ronny@update.uu.se		*
* Sturegatan 12A :123   Lando_C, in IRCnet #chipsmongo	*
* 75314 UPPSALA         http://www.update.uu.se/~ronny	*
* Sweden    		+46-(0)709-525109		*