Subject: Re: VAXstation 4000 -- some questions
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: None <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/08/2000 19:21:28
On  6 Oct, Sebastian Marius Kirsch wrote:

> ?? 001   2     LCSPX  0512
The machine is complaining about a not connected monitor. :-)

> ?? 000   8       SYS  0512
I don't know. My machine and the machines of some friends (Hi Michael
and Bertram) are reporting the same error. I saw this error after the
first time the machine was running NetBSD. Perhaps NetBSD does some
nasty things to the NVRAM?

> Apparently, Linux decides to clear its ARP cache during the transfer,
> and the VAX does not properly reply to ARP requests during that
> time. Any ideas how I can solve this problem?
You can mark the arp record permanent.

> (mostly, because I couldn't find the
> system sources for 1.5_ALPHA ...)
They are in the cvs repository. Get CVS installed from pkgsrc and check
out the revision you like via anoncvs. Or get a copy of my mirrored
repository next weekend at the meeting. :-)
--

tschüß,
         Jochen