Subject: RE: Now Ive gone and done it
From: Brian Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/05/2000 11:17:28
On Thu, 5 Oct 2000, Andrew Sporner wrote:

> I may be dreaming, but I had an RF-71 running NetBSD on
> 1.4.2.  Perhaps it is because it was running on a controller
> that was not on the CPU?  It might be better to say that the
> onboard DSSI controllers aren't supported, rather than the
> stand-along DSSI controller that I had.

If the standalone controller presented the disks as MSCP devices, then
that would explain them being supported.  Many (most?) of the Q-bus based
disk controllers bridge between the native bus of the disk drives to MSCP.

-brian.
--- Brian Chase | bdc@world.std.com | http://world.std.com/~bdc/ -----
This program posts news to thousands of machines throughout the entire
civilized world.  Your message will cost the net hundreds if not thousands
of dollars to send everywhere.  Please be sure you know what you are doing.