Subject: Re: Graphics cards on 4000/VLC and 3100
To: =?X-UNKNOWN?Q?Emil_=D6berg?= <emil_oberg@hotmail.com>
From: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/03/2000 19:43:06
On Mon, 2 Oct 2000, Emil =D6berg wrote:

>    Anyone out there with hardware and buss info for the graphics cards in
>    VS 3100 and 4000/VLC? I've been fooling around with keyboard, mouse an=
d=20
> smg,
>    and it came out as wscons support (wskbd, wsmouse and wsdisplay).
>    Smg is simple, just "put the pixel in memory". lcg and clr are harder,
>    since they have an instruction set, and I need info on them to make it
>    work.
>=20
>    Are these changes something that I should submit? If so, how?
>    I don't have CVS but I might be able to upload the files somewhere.
>=20
=09Definitely! Usually the best option is to make the diffs available
=09and then use 'send-pr' to submit information (with the diffs if
=09they are small enough).

>    A nice side effect is that I got "full" X11 on the VS 3100 monochrome
>    display. Volunteers for testing are welcome.

=09That is excellent news! :)
=09(My VS3100 is across the atlantic right now, otherwise I would
=09be leaping at the chance...)

                David/absolute
=09=09=09       -- www.netbsd.org: A pmap for every occasion --