Subject: Swapping - Problem in NetBSD/vax 1.5_ALPHA2 Sep. 12th
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Frederik Meerwaldt <frederik@freddym.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 09/30/2000 16:33:19
Hi all,

I have a VAXstation 2000, with 4 MBs of RAM. I installed NetBSD on the
RD54 in the VS2000. But as soon as NetBSD activates the swap, it
hangs. Here the last lines from the boot:

rd0 at hdc0 drive 0: RD54
rd0: size 311200 sectors
si0 at vsbus0 csr 0x200c0080 vec 770 ipl 14 maskbit 1
si0: NCR5380, SCSI ID 7
scsibus0 at si0: 8 targets, 8 luns per target
smg0 at vsbus0 csr 0x200f0000 vec 104 ipl 14 maskbit 3
wsdisplay0 at smg0
wsdisplay0: screen 0-7 added (128x57, vt100 emulation)
scsibus0: waiting 2 seconds for devices to settle...
boot device: rd0
root on rd0a dumps on rd0b
Clock has gained 6 days - CHECK AND RESET THE DATE.
root file system type: ffs
swapctl: adding /dev/rd0b as swap device at priority 0

I noticed this problem, too when I netbooted the machine, and then did a
swapon. It doesn't matter if I swap over the Network in a swapfile or if I
swap to a swap partition. It just hangs.

Is this a known bug? Is it already fixed in later releases? If no, will it
be fixed? If yes, when? :-).

Thanks in advance
--
Best Regards,
	Freddy

Frederik Meerwaldt  ICQ: 83045387  Homepage: http://www.freddym.org
 Bavaria/Germany              OpenVMS and Unix Howtos and much more
   FREEBSD, NETBSD, OPENBSD, TRU64, OPENVMS, ULTRIX, BEOS, LINUX