Subject: Re: 1.5_ALPHA2 on VS3100/m30 and external SCSI
To: Andrew Gillham <gillham@vaultron.com>
From: John Hayward <John.C.Hayward@wheaton.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 09/28/2000 08:26:08
I noted the same problem and have been working on pinning down the exact
date of when things broke.
I have been using cvs to obtain sources on various dates.
Last night I built a kernel with 6/25 which did not have this problem.
I thought I had built a kernel with 6/26 which did have problems.
I'm going to try to verify this today.
It does take a while to build a kernel on these machines when running
things via nfs.
My impression is that the problem might be related to reading/writing to
kernel space rather than user space.  This probably could be
verified/disproved by writing a userland program to read/write/verify
various things to the disk with varying buffer sizes - might be an issue
of size of dma buffer.

I'll post when I find out something more useful.
johnh...