Subject: Re: BSDCON 2000
To: Brian Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
From: Clint Wolff (VAX collector) <vaxman@uswest.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 09/27/2000 08:01:25
I've played around with the free version of Charon VAX, and from
what I can tell it is designed to ONLY run VMS. I tried to boot
an Ultrix kernel, and it crapped out almost immediately. I suspect
the emulator detects VMS doing okay illegal things (like looking
for end of physical memory), and builds appropriate error frames,
but can't handle the generic error case...

I'm planning to attempt booting NetBSD/vax on Charon this winter
(probably during winter holiday), details to follow...

clint