Subject: Re: LN03 printers... any good for an old MicroVAX 3300?
To: NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
From: Clint Wolff (VAX collector) <vaxman@uswest.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 09/25/2000 16:09:03
Hi Bob,

It is my experience the LN03 classic is useless for anything short
of text output. It uses lots of embedded control characters to select
fonts and graphics, and is different from any printer nowdays.

As a text only printer, it is a real workhorse, with only a few
'dirty printout' problems that can't be fixed with a maintenance kit.

The LN03R(?) printer supports postscript, but you don't see too many
of them available for surplus because they still work.

clint

PS I've got an LN03+ and a pair of font cartridges that was working
~seven years ago if someone wants to pick it up in Denver, Colorado.

clint