Subject: Re: About critters...
To: NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
From: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@mcmanis.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 09/25/2000 14:12:26
I'm guessing Bob that you have the BA215 cabinet. Typically it is beige and
has a DSSI drive hidden inside the top, and it has a cable that snakes up
through the top to the drive. What Pierre-Michel has, and now I'm _really_
confused about, is a BA440 cabinet. In this cabinet the DSSI drives are
held in little carriers that plug into the backplane of the top (you can
slide them in and out). The carrier has a cover that includes a unit plug
and ready/write protect switches for the drive.

Since his has no cable, and works, mine should work without a cable as
well. But so far I've not gotten it to. I'm going to take apart the top to
see if somehow the top backplane is disconnected or something.

--Chuck