Subject: Re: VS3100/M76 dead scsi-B port?
To: Chris Tribo <t1345@hopi.dtcc.edu>
From: NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 09/25/2000 16:31:25
> 	Did you pull the three terminator paks from the controller card
> just behind the bulkhead? I've noticed DEC stuff doesn't like to work
> unless the termination is set right. Never hurts to see if you have more
> than one drive supplying termination power to the bus or has on-drive
> termination enabled...

I need to check the controller card.  All the drives are DEC storage
boxes with RZ57's, etc., and the CD is an RRD42, all with no termination
(end of chain has DEC dongle terminator).  I will check that controller
card when I get home.

Is the M76 controller card using a loop cable like the lesser VS3100
things on the B bus, or something else (it sounds like something else)?

Bob