Subject: Re: About critters...
To: Pierre-Michel Ricordel <Pierre-Michel.Ricordel@imag.fr>
From: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@mcmanis.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 09/25/2000 12:16:24
At 08:33 PM 9/25/00 +0200, Pierre-Michel Ricordel wrote:
>I am also very curious to know the exact functions of these switch.
>On my VAXserver 4000/200 I have the same thingies.

Hello Pierre-Michel, these are documented on the web but a quick google
search didn't turn them up. Sigh, I'll look them up when I get home and
post them. Perhaps abs can put them up on the FAQ somewhere.

>  I am also still
>wondering the meaning of the three connectors on my power supply, labelled
>MO, SI and SO. They look like RJ45 at first, but are very different when
>you look closer.

Oh-boy, you could help me out big time here. Your system has DSSI drives?
Is there a board installed to the right of the CPU card just before the
power supply? (it hides behind a metal plate that is one board wide and
screwed at the top and bottom) I am _seriously_ in need of the DEC part
number for the cable that goes from the CPU's DSSI interface (50 pin
connector beside the memory connector) to the card that is hiding behind
that metal cover (it's numbered M9715). The cable has a high density
connector on the other end. If you have that cable in your VAX and could
get me the part number, I can get my 4000/200 up and running with its DSSI
drives.

That will certainly help my efforts in getting DSSI running on these beasts.

--Chuck