Subject: Re: VS3100 Serial Console Problems
To: Brian Harrington <brian@sigh.mse.jhu.edu>
From: Kevin Ogden <kryogenix@crosswinds.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 09/24/2000 16:24:35
Just my 2 cents....

1.)  Check your cable, especially if it is a homebrew cable, if it gets to a
login prompt and doesn't accept keyboard input from the terminal you might have
one of the lines on the wrong pin.  I had this problem once.

2.)  If it doesn't get to a login prompt you might want to check to see if the
devices were built properly when you installed the OS.  (boot from the install
kernel, mount the HD and type 'cd /dev;./MAKEDEV all')

Hope this helps,

Kevin